By Jay Rogers
Published October 19, 2016
The choices afforded to us by the two-party system in the 2016 presidential election are sad indeed. I decided in 1992 that I’d vote Constitution Party in every election whenever the Republicans fielded a candidate who was unit for the office. I’ve voted Constitution Party in every election since then with the exception of 2008, which I now concede to be a mistake.
I have always said, “Revival in the church and reformation of culture first. Then politics will follow.” So in one sense, I agree that we can’t end a serious moral problem like abortion by stacking the Supreme Court with constructionist judges or by making it illegal. But I do make the pro-life position a litmus test for my vote for several reasons.
The first and most practical reason is that if a politician is correct on the sanctity of life (meaning no abortion with no exceptions) and won’t compromise, he will be correct on 90 percent of other issues that I also hold. As a bonus, he won’t compromise on those issues either. Think about it. If you are willing to compromise on the most fundamental of all rights — the God-given right to life — what else won’t you compromise on?
Second, a big part of revival and reformation stems from obedience to God’s Word. Practically, we have to replace at least 90 percent of our legislators to truly reform America to the place we need to be politically. So why not begin that process now. Why wait? Why delay our obedience until the political system changes on its own? That day will never come unless we move first.
Third, another reason is put aptly in the words of George Washington, “If to please the people, we offer what we ourselves disapprove, how can we afterwards defend our work? Let us raise a standard to which the wise and honest can repair; the event is in the hand of God.”
To put this in the reciprocal, “If to promote political expediency, we give our vote to politicians whom we disapprove, how can we afterwards defend our work? Let us raise a standard to which the wise and honest can repair; the event is in the hand of God.”
If we believe revival is supernatural and heaven-sent, why do we believe that God will send it to Christians who allow for some child murder in every election?
“LET US RAISE A STANDARD TO WHICH THE WISE AND HONEST CAN REPAIR, THE EVENT IS IN THE HAND OF GOD.” ~ George Washington
It’s all about the entitlements!
Every Republican nominee for for president since Nixon has promised to do three things.
- End the Great Society social welfare entitlements
- Cut taxes and spending
- Balance the budget by reducing the size of government
Every Republican president since Nixon has ended up doing exactly the opposite of this.
The fundamental problem with socialism welfare is the entitlement mentality it has produced. We have created a society of irresponsible people. If we simply ended the entitlements of the Great Society programs, this would soon create a truly great society of responsible people.
For example, there would still be abortion, but in general, the abortion rate would be low since an abortion is expensive. Abortion is level two invasive surgery that is risky and has frequent complications. It’s healthier, cheaper and easier to be responsible.
A lot of people don’t realize it, but there are now fewer than 500 abortion doctors in the whole country. The average age of an abortionist is now over the retirement age of 65. Soon these numbers will plummet even more. Mainly, they are old farts and quacks who can’t get board certified. So they become bottom feeders and prey on women in crisis pregnancies. If we simply eliminated entitlements, the numbers of abortionists would drop even more and virtually no one in their right mind would want surgery performed on them by the few notorious horror show characters that would be left on stage for all to see.
Eliminating entitlements would also solve the problem of “illegal” immigration, since all people would have to work. The controversy over marriage among Christians would become moot too, since no one would have to support or recognize a marriage he did not agree with. I could go on and on.
It’s all about the entitlements. America would probably return to a pre-1960s social morality and gain untold liberty by simply eliminating the social entitlements of the Great Society programs of Lyndon Johnson.
I don’t even need to be a libertarian on social issues to understand that this is 90 percent of the solution that we so desperately need.
- The Forerunner: America's campus newspaper
- The Forerunner Weblog: Archived blog articles by category
- The Boston Awakening: It's time for another Great Awakening!
- Predvestnik: Articles translated from the Russian language Forerunner
- Russian Predvestnik: Russian Forerunner (in Russian!)
- The Mandate: China's Christian newspaper
- El Campeón: Spanish Champion (in Spanish!)
- Pakistani Forerunner: Articles on Christian foundations in Urdu!
- Turkish Forerunner: Apologetics for Christians in Turkey!
- The Champion: Proclaiming the Crown Rights of King Jesus!
- The Puritan Storm: A chronicle of the neo-Puritan revival
- Chalcedon Report: Articles from the magazine by staff and friends
- Why Creeds and Confessions? Foundations in Biblical Orthodoxy
- The Four Keys to the Millennium: Foundations in Biblical Eschatology
- In The Days of These Kings: The Book of Daniel in Preterist Perspective
DVDs & Online Videos
- The Abortion Matrix: Ending Child Sacrifice and the Culture of Death
- The Real Jesus: A Defense of the Historicity and Divinity of Christ
- God's Law and Society: Now includes a free Study Guide!
- The Beast of Revelation: Identified: Ken Gentry's powerful teaching
- Abortion Clinic 911 Calls: Exposing the Dangers of Abortion to Women
- Amazing Grace: The History and Theology of Calvinism
- A Revival Account Asbury 1970: What is true Revival?
- Massacre of Innocence: The Occult Roots of Abortion
- World Changers: A Blueprint for Revival and Reformation
- Jesus Christ: Lord of All of Life! 1998 Reconstruction Conference
- U.S. Taxpayers Party: 1997 National Committee meeting
- Melbourne's Abortion Industry: Exposing the evil of abortion
- Florida's Abortion Industry: Exposing the unfrutiful deeds of darkness
- Abortion Wars: An open letter to the pro-life community
- Pro-life Videos: Streaming videos about pro-life activism
- Pro-life Florida: Pro-life resources for the state of Florida
- Personhood Florida: Constitutional Personhood for all human beings
- Personhood USA: Protecting the pre-born by love and by law
- Life Coalition International: Reports from pro-life missionaries
- The Counselor Corps: Pro-life health referral counselors
- Theonomy FAQ: Frequently asked questions on theonomy
- Theonomy Debate: Is theonomy exegetically sound?
- Pass The Word: Political cartoons and articles
- Second American Revolution: Clips from God's Law and Society
- The Christian Statesman: Christian publication founded in 1864
The Hall of Church History
- Creeds and Confessions: Patristic Creeds and Reformed Confessions
- Church Fathers: Writings of the Ante-Nicene Fathers
High Quality Paperback — 219 pages
Foundations in Biblical Orthodoxy
Driving down a country road sometime, you might see a church with a sign proudly proclaiming: “No book but the Bible — No creed but Christ.” The problem with this statement is that the word creed (from the Latin: credo) simply means “belief.” All Christians have beliefs, regardless of whether they are written.
Yet a single book containing the actual texts of the most important creeds of the early Church will not often be found. Out of the multitude of works on the evangelical Christian book market today, those dealing with the creeds of the Church are scarce.
Why Creeds and Confessions? provides a foundation of biblical orthodoxy as a defense against the false and truly heretical doctrines advanced by the spirit of this age.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
High Quality Paperback — 40 pages of dynamite!
Revival, Resistance, Reformation, Revolution
An Introduction to the Doctrines of Interposition and Nullification
In 1776, a short time after the Declaration of Independence was adopted, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Benjamin Franklin were assigned to design an official seal for the United States of America. Their proposed motto was Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God. America owes its existence to centuries of Christian political philosophy. Our nation provided a model for liberty copied by nations the world over.
By the 21st century, we need a “Puritan Storm” to sweep away the Hegelian notion that the state is “God walking on earth.” We need revival and reformation in full force to vanquish the problems that plague us as a nation — from government controlled healthcare — to abortion on demand — to same sex “marriage.” This booklet gives a primer on our founders’ Christian idea of government and examines how the doctrine of nullification was woven into the Constitution as a safeguard against federal tyranny. It concludes with the history and theology of civil resistance. A Second American Revolution is coming with the Word of God growing mightily and prevailing! (Acts 19:20).
$7.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“When the lives of the unborn are snuffed out, they often feel pain, pain that is long and agonizing.” – President Ronald Reagan to National Religious Broadcasters Convention, January 1981
Ronald Reagan became convinced of this as a result of watching The Silent Scream – a movie he considered so powerful and convicting that he screened it at the White House.
The modern technology of real-time ultrasound now reveals the actual responses of a 12-week old fetus to being aborted. As the unborn child attempts to escape the abortionist’s suction curette, her motions can be seen to become desperately agitated and her heart rate doubles. Her mouth opens – as if to scream – but no sound can come out. Her scream doesn’t have to remain silent, however … not if you will become her voice. This newly re-mastered version features eight language tracks and two bonus videos.
“… a high technology “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” arousing public opinion just as Harriet Beecher Stowe’s 1852 antislavery novel ignited the abolitionist movement.” – Sen. Gordon Humphrey, Time Magazine
Languages: English, Spanish, French, South Korean, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese
Running Time: 28 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)