By Jay Rogers
Published April 26, 1995
Over the past five years, as a Christian newspaper editor, I’ve tried to tell the truth about what is happening in the pro-life movement. Over a year ago, I wrote a article for The Forerunner (“Clearing the Media Smokescreens” Nov/Dec 1993) refuting the liberal media’s coverage of the abortion issue. In this article, I described how I was renting an office in the “Green House” directly across the street from the infamous Aware Woman abortion clinic. I have tried to be an effective eyewitness in the midst of these grave distortions.
Recently, I made a down payment on this house and became the owner. My plan is to keep the property open for daily pro-life activities such as “sidewalk counseling” and prayer vigils. Due to a court-ordered “no-free-speech” injunction restricting this area, private ownership of the Green House is the only thing that allows this ministry to abortion minded women to continue.
- The Green House has been the site of international media coverage of pro-life activities. The Green House has been the site of international media coverage. CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC, German, Japanese, Australian television and many others have covered pro-life events here.
- Christians For Life is the local pro-life organization here in Melbourne, which coordinates all sidewalk counseling and prayer activities at the Green House. We also encourage pastors and Christians in the area to become involved in the abortion issue. The pro-life community here in Melbourne is a strong and cohesive group which has caused Aware Woman’s business to be cut in half in recent years.
- A Pro-life Media Center will also be located at the Green House. I hope to develop pro-life television and print media which will stave off many of the distortions that the liberal media conveys in covering the abortion issue. The Pro-Life Media Center now consists of compiling true testimonies for publication. The Lord has used this in a powerful way. For instance, my testimony which appeared in The Forerunner concerning the 36-foot “no free speech” buffer zone around Aware Woman was used in a scathing dissent by Justice Anthony Scalia in an important Supreme Court decision. We also participate in talk-radio and television interviews, and issue press releases to local and national news media. In the future, we hope to produce videos and other media which will equip Christians for pro-life ministry.
Aware Woman is being propped up by pro-abortion groups because of its high visibility. Abortion providers believe that if pro-lifers succeed in closing this clinic, it will be very bad for the abortion industry in America. I believe that it is God’s will for me to own the Green House and live here until this happens.
Ownership of this piece of property provides an important base for ministry. It is also a very significant hub for the pro-life movement, which is now poised to make some significant advances in our nation.
I have produced a videotape which shows firsthand, the type of ministry and media coverage which goes on here. If you are considering giving, but would like to know more about this ministry first, please write us and I will send one out to you.
P.O. Box 138030
Clermont, FL 34713
Forerunner - Home » The Champion » The Champion - Volume 2
Your comments are welcome!
With “preaching to the lost” being such a basic foundation of Christianity, why do many in the church seem to be apathetic on this issue of preaching in highways and byways of towns and cities?
Is it biblical to stand in the public places of the world and proclaim the gospel, regardless if people want to hear it or not?
Does the Bible really call church pastors, leaders and evangelists to proclaim the gospel in the public square as part of obedience to the Great Commission, or is public preaching something that is outdated and not applicable for our day and age?
These any many other questions are answered in this documentary.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Special Two-Disc Set!
After 40 years of intense study and world-wide ministry, Dr. Francis Schaeffer completed his crowning work of scholarship – to present profound truths in simple film language. Dr. Schaeffer’s brilliant analysis of the past and predictions for current trends have proven so uncannily accurate that this amazing series still feels contemporary almost three decades after its initial release. Ultimately, Schaeffer concludes that man’s only hope is a return to God’s Biblical absolute, the truth revealed in Christ through the Scriptures.
Available for the first time on DVD, this documentary spectacular also includes intimate in-depth conversations with Francis and Edith Schaeffer. With the on-disc study guide, this presentation forms a unique course of comprehensive study. While this series forms an innovative analysis of the past, this outstanding work is more than history. Each episode focuses on a significant era, yet speaks clearly to 21st-century man with answers for modern problems.
$49.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Download the Free Study Guide!
God’s Law and Society powerfully presents a comprehensive worldview based upon the ethical system found in the Law of God.
Speakers include: R.J. Rushdoony, George Grant, Howard Phillips, R.C. Sproul Jr., Ken Gentry, Gary DeMar, Jay Grimstead, Steven Schlissel, Andrew Sandlin, Eric Holmberg, and more!
Sixteen Christian leaders and scholars answer some of the most common questions and misconceptions related to this volatile issue:
1. Are we under Law or under Grace?
2. Does the Old Testament Law apply today?
3. Can we legislate morality?
4. What are the biblical foundations of government?
5. Was America founded as a Christian nation?
6. What about the separation of Church and State?
7. Is neutrality a myth?
8. What about non-Christians and the Law of God?
9. Would there be “freedom” in a Christian republic?
10. What would a “Christian America” look like?
Perfect for group instruction as well as personal Bible study.
Ten parts, over four hours of instruction!
Running Time: 240 minutes
Watch over 60 on-line video interviews from God’s Law and Society.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“When the lives of the unborn are snuffed out, they often feel pain, pain that is long and agonizing.” – President Ronald Reagan to National Religious Broadcasters Convention, January 1981
Ronald Reagan became convinced of this as a result of watching The Silent Scream – a movie he considered so powerful and convicting that he screened it at the White House.
The modern technology of real-time ultrasound now reveals the actual responses of a 12-week old fetus to being aborted. As the unborn child attempts to escape the abortionist’s suction curette, her motions can be seen to become desperately agitated and her heart rate doubles. Her mouth opens – as if to scream – but no sound can come out. Her scream doesn’t have to remain silent, however … not if you will become her voice. This newly re-mastered version features eight language tracks and two bonus videos.
“…a high technology “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” arousing public opinion just as Harriet Beecher Stowe’s 1852 antislavery novel ignited the abolitionist movement.” – Sen. Gordon Humphrey, Time Magazine
Languages: English, Spanish, French, South Korean, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese
Running Time: 28 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Foundations in Biblical Eschatology
By Jay Rogers, Larry Waugh, Rodney Stortz, Joseph Meiring. High quality paperback, 167 pages.
All Christians believe that their great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will one day return. Although we cannot know the exact time of His return, what exactly did Jesus mean when he spoke of the signs of His coming (Mat. 24)? How are we to interpret the prophecies in Isaiah regarding the time when “the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea” (Isa. 11:19)? Should we expect a time of great tribulation and apostasy or revival and reformation before the Lord returns? Is the devil bound now, and are the saints reigning with Christ? Did you know that there are four hermeneutical approaches to the book of Daniel and Revelation?
These and many more questions are dealt with by four authors as they present the four views on the millennium. Each view is then critiqued by the other three authors.
$12.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)