By Jay Rogers
Published April 26, 1995
Over the past five years, as a Christian newspaper editor, I’ve tried to tell the truth about what is happening in the pro-life movement. Over a year ago, I wrote a article for The Forerunner (“Clearing the Media Smokescreens” Nov/Dec 1993) refuting the liberal media’s coverage of the abortion issue. In this article, I described how I was renting an office in the “Green House” directly across the street from the infamous Aware Woman abortion clinic. I have tried to be an effective eyewitness in the midst of these grave distortions.
Recently, I made a down payment on this house and became the owner. My plan is to keep the property open for daily pro-life activities such as “sidewalk counseling” and prayer vigils. Due to a court-ordered “no-free-speech” injunction restricting this area, private ownership of the Green House is the only thing that allows this ministry to abortion minded women to continue.
- The Green House has been the site of international media coverage of pro-life activities. The Green House has been the site of international media coverage. CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC, German, Japanese, Australian television and many others have covered pro-life events here.
- Christians For Life is the local pro-life organization here in Melbourne, which coordinates all sidewalk counseling and prayer activities at the Green House. We also encourage pastors and Christians in the area to become involved in the abortion issue. The pro-life community here in Melbourne is a strong and cohesive group which has caused Aware Woman’s business to be cut in half in recent years.
- A Pro-life Media Center will also be located at the Green House. I hope to develop pro-life television and print media which will stave off many of the distortions that the liberal media conveys in covering the abortion issue. The Pro-Life Media Center now consists of compiling true testimonies for publication. The Lord has used this in a powerful way. For instance, my testimony which appeared in The Forerunner concerning the 36-foot “no free speech” buffer zone around Aware Woman was used in a scathing dissent by Justice Anthony Scalia in an important Supreme Court decision. We also participate in talk-radio and television interviews, and issue press releases to local and national news media. In the future, we hope to produce videos and other media which will equip Christians for pro-life ministry.
Aware Woman is being propped up by pro-abortion groups because of its high visibility. Abortion providers believe that if pro-lifers succeed in closing this clinic, it will be very bad for the abortion industry in America. I believe that it is God’s will for me to own the Green House and live here until this happens.
Ownership of this piece of property provides an important base for ministry. It is also a very significant hub for the pro-life movement, which is now poised to make some significant advances in our nation.
I have produced a videotape which shows firsthand, the type of ministry and media coverage which goes on here. If you are considering giving, but would like to know more about this ministry first, please write us and I will send one out to you.
P.O. Box 138030
Clermont, FL 34713
Forerunner - Home » The Champion » The Champion - Volume 2
Your comments are welcome!
Download the Free Study Guide!
God’s Law and Society powerfully presents a comprehensive worldview based upon the ethical system found in the Law of God.
Speakers include: R.J. Rushdoony, George Grant, Howard Phillips, R.C. Sproul Jr., Ken Gentry, Gary DeMar, Jay Grimstead, Steven Schlissel, Andrew Sandlin, Eric Holmberg, and more!
Sixteen Christian leaders and scholars answer some of the most common questions and misconceptions related to this volatile issue:
1. Are we under Law or under Grace?
2. Does the Old Testament Law apply today?
3. Can we legislate morality?
4. What are the biblical foundations of government?
5. Was America founded as a Christian nation?
6. What about the separation of Church and State?
7. Is neutrality a myth?
8. What about non-Christians and the Law of God?
9. Would there be “freedom” in a Christian republic?
10. What would a “Christian America” look like?
Perfect for group instruction as well as personal Bible study.
Ten parts, over four hours of instruction!
Running Time: 240 minutes
Watch over 60 on-line video interviews from God’s Law and Society.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
High Quality Paperback — 200 pages
A Reasonable Response to Christian Postmodernism
Includes a response to the book Christian Jihad by Colonel V. Doner
The title of this book is a misnomer. In reality, I am not trying to get anyone to shut up, but rather to provoke a discussion. This book is a warning about the philosophy of “Christian postmodernism” and the threat that it poses not only to Christian orthodoxy, but to the peace and prosperity our culture as well. The purpose is to equip the reader with some basic principles that can be used to refute their arguments.
Part 1 is a response to some of the recent writings by Frank Schaeffer, the son of the late Francis Schaeffer. This was originally written as a defense against Frank’s attacks on pro-life street activism – a movement that his father helped bring into being through his books, A Christian Manifesto, How Should We Then Live? and Whatever Happened to the Human Race? These works have impacted literally hundreds of thousands of Christian activists.
Part 2 is a response to Colonel Doner and his book, Christian Jihad: Neo-Fundamentalists and the Polarization of America. Doner was one of the key architects of the Christian Right that emerged in the 1980s, who now represents the disillusionment and defection many Christian activists experienced in the 1990s and 2000s. There is still great hope for America to be reformed according to biblical principles. As a new generation is emerging, it is important to recognize the mistakes that Christian activists have made in the past even while holding to a vision for the future.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Special Two-Disc Set!
After 40 years of intense study and world-wide ministry, Dr. Francis Schaeffer completed his crowning work of scholarship – to present profound truths in simple film language. Dr. Schaeffer’s brilliant analysis of the past and predictions for current trends have proven so uncannily accurate that this amazing series still feels contemporary almost three decades after its initial release. Ultimately, Schaeffer concludes that man’s only hope is a return to God’s Biblical absolute, the truth revealed in Christ through the Scriptures.
Available for the first time on DVD, this documentary spectacular also includes intimate in-depth conversations with Francis and Edith Schaeffer. With the on-disc study guide, this presentation forms a unique course of comprehensive study. While this series forms an innovative analysis of the past, this outstanding work is more than history. Each episode focuses on a significant era, yet speaks clearly to 21st-century man with answers for modern problems.
$49.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Exposing The Occult Roots of Abortion
This presentation looks at the spiritual roots of abortion and exposes the myths surrounding child killing. Little known historical facts about abortion and how they relate to modern feminism are presented logically and accurately. Has been effective in converting many to a pro-life position.
Massacre of Innocence goes where no pro-life presentation has gone before in “tearing the lid off abortion” to reveal the spiritual realities we must battle if we will bring an end to this crime. The presentation is absorbing, fast-paced, informative and incredibly devastating to any attempt to justify abortion.
“… an extraordinary statement … a powerfully articulate presentation about what abortion really means, and why a great and moral nation like the United States must not allow the slaughter to continue.”
— Congressman Robert K. Dornan
Running time: 85 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)