By Jay Rogers
Published December 1, 1991
“Behold, I am doing a new thing!” – Isaiah 43:19
As we close out the first year of this decade of harvest, the prospects for World Awakening are more promising than they have ever been before at any other time in world history. This could be the decade in which the Great Commission is fulfilled!
The fires of revival are even now igniting in the Soviet Union and in Eastern Europe. Now is the time to infiltrate these nations with the Gospel! Some recent happenings concerning the Soviet Union should excite you into action:
- A group of university students were among the people who accepted Jesus Christ during a recent outreach to the Soviet Union. Scores of young people went forward to publicly commit themselves to Christ at the end of a series of concerts put on by YWAM in 14 locations within the Soviet Union.
- In a single meeting at a Vineyard conference last June, over $1.1 million was raised by Terry Law Ministries for distribution of Russian Bibles in the Soviet Union. At 50c per New Testament, this will provide 2 million Soviet citizens with the written Word of God.
- Terry Law is working to raise the $6 million he will need to print and ship the 12 million New Testaments that he has been permitted to take into the Soviet Union.
- 100,000 of these Bibles have already been acquired to distribute to university students throughout the entire Soviet Union.
- Every major university campus in the Soviet Union will be evangelized in 1991 and there will be a campus ministry established on each one of these campuses.
- Hundreds of Soviet and Eastern European youth leaders will be trained to reach their universities, cities and governments with the Gospel.
- Office space in Riga, Estonia has recently been offered for the training of these leaders and serving as a headquarters for evangelizing the university campuses!
- Hannu Haukka, a Finnish missionary to the Soviet Union, is calling for 500 days of fasting and prayer to correspond with the 500 day plan to create a free market economy. While each passing day brings the Soviet economy closer to anarchy and ruin, we must be in prayer and actively evangelizing the Soviet Union.
We must hurry to bring in the harvest! Let us pray for the multitudes who have never heard the Name of Jesus Christ proclaimed. Let us pray for the Soviet Church, for the government, and for the people who will respond to the Gospel message in the Soviet Union.
Will you join with us in prayer? And you might ask God about your going to the Soviet Union. There will literally be hundreds of opportunities opening to go to the Soviet Union next year. But what happens after 500 days is something we cannot know. Only God knows.
If, after having prayed for the Soviet Union, you would like to have more information about reaching the youth in the Soviet Union, or, if you would like to support this great work financially, you can write to:
Bob and Rose Weiner Ministries
P.O. Box 1799
Gainesville, Florida, 32609
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Russia, Ukraine and former USSR
Your comments are welcome!
Visit The Forerunner's Discussion Forum!
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
What is true Revival and Spiritual Awakening?
Discover the answer in this eyewitness account by Dennis Kinlaw, President of Asbury College, Wilmore, Kentucky, who recounts the story of a visitation of the Holy Spirit in 1970. This is the presentation that has continued to spark the flames of Revival in the hearts of people around the world. Contains eyewitness footage from the Revival at Asbury College in 1970 in Wilmore, Kentucky.
Certain to challenge you to greater holiness and a deeper commitment to full-scale revival. Original news and private footage has been included. If you are a student who longs to see a spiritual awakening at your school, you must see this video!
“This simple video does a wonderful job of conveying something of God’s heart and power, Everyone we have ever shown this to has received an immediate impartation of faith for revival and the power of prayer.”
— Bob and Rose Weiner, Weiner Ministries Int’l
Running Time: 40 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Exposes the Dangers of Abortion to Women!
These shocking eyewitness accounts expose the dangers of abortion not only to unborn children, but to the health and lives women as well. An antidote to the smokescreens of the liberal media, these short clips show what really happens in and around abortion clinics.
Although the content is emotionally gut-wrenching, these videos have been used in church seminars and small groups to educate Christians on the abortion issue and to lead people toward a pro-life position. Contains 2 hours and 40 minutes of materials that can be shown separately.
Watch these pro-life videos on-line.
“These videos helped change my mind from pro-choice to pro-life. Your videos are what did it for me. I will be walking in next year’s March For Life in San Francisco.” — A. Jackson, California
“I was going to have an abortion until I saw your video. Praise Jesus!”
— M. Drew, YouTube Commenter
$4.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Who is the dreaded beast of Revelation?
Now at last, a plausible candidate for this personification of evil incarnate has been identified (or re-identified). Ken Gentry’s insightful analysis of scripture and history is likely to revolutionize your understanding of the book of Revelation — and even more importantly — amplify and energize your entire Christian worldview!
Historical footage and other graphics are used to illustrate the lecture Dr. Gentry presented at the 1999 Ligonier Conference in Orlando, Florida. It is followed by a one-hour question and answer session addressing the key concerns and objections typically raised in response to his position. This presentation also features an introduction that touches on not only the confusion and controversy surrounding this issue — but just why it may well be one of the most significant issues facing the Church today.
Ideal for group meetings, personal Bible study — for anyone who wants to understand the historical context of John’s famous letter “… to the seven churches which are in Asia.” (Revelation 1:4)
Running Time: 145 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Download the Free Study Guide!
God’s Law and Society powerfully presents a comprehensive worldview based upon the ethical system found in the Law of God.
Speakers include: R.J. Rushdoony, George Grant, Howard Phillips, R.C. Sproul Jr., Ken Gentry, Gary DeMar, Jay Grimstead, Steven Schlissel, Andrew Sandlin, Eric Holmberg, and more!
Sixteen Christian leaders and scholars answer some of the most common questions and misconceptions related to this volatile issue:
1. Are we under Law or under Grace?
2. Does the Old Testament Law apply today?
3. Can we legislate morality?
4. What are the biblical foundations of government?
5. Was America founded as a Christian nation?
6. What about the separation of Church and State?
7. Is neutrality a myth?
8. What about non-Christians and the Law of God?
9. Would there be “freedom” in a Christian republic?
10. What would a “Christian America” look like?
Perfect for group instruction as well as personal Bible study.
Ten parts, over four hours of instruction!
Running Time: 240 minutes
Watch over 60 on-line video interviews from God’s Law and Society.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)