By Jay Rogers
Published December 1, 1991
“Behold, I am doing a new thing!” – Isaiah 43:19
As we close out the first year of this decade of harvest, the prospects for World Awakening are more promising than they have ever been before at any other time in world history. This could be the decade in which the Great Commission is fulfilled!
The fires of revival are even now igniting in the Soviet Union and in Eastern Europe. Now is the time to infiltrate these nations with the Gospel! Some recent happenings concerning the Soviet Union should excite you into action:
- A group of university students were among the people who accepted Jesus Christ during a recent outreach to the Soviet Union. Scores of young people went forward to publicly commit themselves to Christ at the end of a series of concerts put on by YWAM in 14 locations within the Soviet Union.
- In a single meeting at a Vineyard conference last June, over $1.1 million was raised by Terry Law Ministries for distribution of Russian Bibles in the Soviet Union. At 50c per New Testament, this will provide 2 million Soviet citizens with the written Word of God.
- Terry Law is working to raise the $6 million he will need to print and ship the 12 million New Testaments that he has been permitted to take into the Soviet Union.
- 100,000 of these Bibles have already been acquired to distribute to university students throughout the entire Soviet Union.
- Every major university campus in the Soviet Union will be evangelized in 1991 and there will be a campus ministry established on each one of these campuses.
- Hundreds of Soviet and Eastern European youth leaders will be trained to reach their universities, cities and governments with the Gospel.
- Office space in Riga, Estonia has recently been offered for the training of these leaders and serving as a headquarters for evangelizing the university campuses!
- Hannu Haukka, a Finnish missionary to the Soviet Union, is calling for 500 days of fasting and prayer to correspond with the 500 day plan to create a free market economy. While each passing day brings the Soviet economy closer to anarchy and ruin, we must be in prayer and actively evangelizing the Soviet Union.
We must hurry to bring in the harvest! Let us pray for the multitudes who have never heard the Name of Jesus Christ proclaimed. Let us pray for the Soviet Church, for the government, and for the people who will respond to the Gospel message in the Soviet Union.
Will you join with us in prayer? And you might ask God about your going to the Soviet Union. There will literally be hundreds of opportunities opening to go to the Soviet Union next year. But what happens after 500 days is something we cannot know. Only God knows.
If, after having prayed for the Soviet Union, you would like to have more information about reaching the youth in the Soviet Union, or, if you would like to support this great work financially, you can write to:
Bob and Rose Weiner Ministries
P.O. Box 1799
Gainesville, Florida, 32609
Forerunner - Home » The Forerunner Newspaper » Russia, Ukraine and former USSR
Your comments are welcome!
Visit The Forerunner's Discussion Forum!
What is true Revival and Spiritual Awakening?
Discover the answer in this eyewitness account by Dennis Kinlaw, President of Asbury College, Wilmore, Kentucky, who recounts the story of a visitation of the Holy Spirit in 1970. This is the presentation that has continued to spark the flames of Revival in the hearts of people around the world. Contains eyewitness footage from the Revival at Asbury College in 1970 in Wilmore, Kentucky.
Certain to challenge you to greater holiness and a deeper commitment to full-scale revival. Original news and private footage has been included. If you are a student who longs to see a spiritual awakening at your school, you must see this video!
“This simple video does a wonderful job of conveying something of God’s heart and power, Everyone we have ever shown this to has received an immediate impartation of faith for revival and the power of prayer.”
— Bob and Rose Weiner, Weiner Ministries Int’l
Running Time: 40 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Who is the dreaded beast of Revelation?
Now at last, a plausible candidate for this personification of evil incarnate has been identified (or re-identified). Ken Gentry’s insightful analysis of scripture and history is likely to revolutionize your understanding of the book of Revelation — and even more importantly — amplify and energize your entire Christian worldview!
Historical footage and other graphics are used to illustrate the lecture Dr. Gentry presented at the 1999 Ligonier Conference in Orlando, Florida. It is followed by a one-hour question and answer session addressing the key concerns and objections typically raised in response to his position. This presentation also features an introduction that touches on not only the confusion and controversy surrounding this issue — but just why it may well be one of the most significant issues facing the Church today.
Ideal for group meetings, personal Bible study — for anyone who wants to understand the historical context of John’s famous letter “… to the seven churches which are in Asia.” (Revelation 1:4)
Running Time: 145 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Foundations in Biblical Eschatology
By Jay Rogers, Larry Waugh, Rodney Stortz, Joseph Meiring. High quality paperback, 167 pages.
All Christians believe that their great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will one day return. Although we cannot know the exact time of His return, what exactly did Jesus mean when he spoke of the signs of His coming (Mat. 24)? How are we to interpret the prophecies in Isaiah regarding the time when “the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea” (Isa. 11:19)? Should we expect a time of great tribulation and apostasy or revival and reformation before the Lord returns? Is the devil bound now, and are the saints reigning with Christ? Did you know that there are four hermeneutical approaches to the book of Daniel and Revelation?
These and many more questions are dealt with by four authors as they present the four views on the millennium. Each view is then critiqued by the other three authors.
$12.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
With “preaching to the lost” being such a basic foundation of Christianity, why do many in the church seem to be apathetic on this issue of preaching in highways and byways of towns and cities?
Is it biblical to stand in the public places of the world and proclaim the gospel, regardless if people want to hear it or not?
Does the Bible really call church pastors, leaders and evangelists to proclaim the gospel in the public square as part of obedience to the Great Commission, or is public preaching something that is outdated and not applicable for our day and age?
These any many other questions are answered in this documentary.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)