By Jay Rogers
Published July 25, 2014
“Abortion is not surgery” claims Planned Parenthood CEO in contradictory statements
KISSIMMEE, Florida (www.forerunner.com) – Planned Parenthood of Greater Orlando (PPGO) has for over a year conspired with Florida Hospital and several city officials to open an 8,800 square foot abortion mega center in the heart of the Hispanic and minority community of Kissimmee.
Planned Parenthood’s Kissimmee abortion mega-center has been the target of public outcry since their plans to open across the street from Osceola Regional Medical Center were uncovered in March 2014. (Photo credit: Amber Carroll.)
On Wednesday, July 23, 2014, a circuit judge granted a temporary injunction forbidding surgical abortion and all diagnostic testing at the newly opened center.
A lawsuit filed by a partnership of neighboring doctors held that there is a restrictive covenant with Osceola Regional Medical Center that prohibits outpatient surgical centers in the medical park known as Oak Commons.
The judge ruled that PPGO “purchased the property with the knowledge of the restrictions and proceeded at its own peril.”
Planned Parenthood did a ceremonial ribbon cutting in May with incendiary leftist congressman Alan Grayson in tow. Although PPGO CEO Jenna Tosh announced they were open for business, they planned to begin doing abortions with a full-time medical director and abortionist sometime in August.
Tosh has said at various times to the press that abortion is “less than ten percent” of what they do.
When Jenna Tosh appeared in court this month, she appeared even more evasive and deceptive in her comments. She claimed on one hand in a signed affidavit that abortion was about “one percent” of their services. Tosh also claimed that the organization would not be able to survive financially if they lost this projected income.
Tosh argued that the covenant restricting surgery in Oak Commons did not apply to PPGO because abortions are “not surgery” because they do not involve “incisions.” The Court responded in an ironic tone:
The Court notes that Ms. Tosh’s education does not involve and formal medical training and cannot escape the fact that Ms. Tosh’s own words repeatedly employ the phrase “surgical abortions.”
If Tosh seems outrageous and arrogant in her claims, consider the following lead-in to a local Channel 13 News report.
The new Planned Parenthood facility in Kissimmee has been barred from performing its most controversial of services – medical procedures [emphasis added].
The obvious word “abortion” is changed here in favor of the misleading and impossible notion that all “medical procedures” are controversial. Why hide the fact that the only controversial medical procedure PPGO performs is abortion?
“Abortion” has been replaced by generic code phrase “reproductive health services.” In the recent Hobby Lobby, Supreme Court case, the press promoted the false idea the family-oriented business wanted to bar its employees from “access to contraception,” rather than choose not to pay for two specific forms of drugs widely considered to act as abortifacients.
The pro-abortion propaganda machine must deceive their audience with rhetorical smokescreens and euphemisms. The “A” word is rarely mentioned in the mainstream media. This belies the fact that plain speaking on the issue of abortion is a losing proposition for their side.
Whenever biblical truth is obscured in a culture, people will resort to suppressing plain facts that expose human depravity. The effort to deny truth results in self-deception and blindness to obvious reality. All alternative worldviews are contrived to deny the truth of God.
C.S. Lewis, once wrote about liberal critics of the Bible, “They claim to see fern-seed and can’t see an elephant ten yards away in broad daylight.”
Likewise, modern journalists have lost the ability to communicate sensibly on the topic of abortion. They have descended into a vague Orwellian “Newspeak.” Consider the following quote from a Planned Parenthood press release touting its proposed New Orleans abortion mega-center:
The overwhelming majority of Planned Parenthood services focus on prevention including contraception, breast and cervical cancer screenings and testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections. If these protesters were truly committed to reducing unintended pregnancies, the need for abortion and the alarming rates of sexually transmitted infections and HIV in this community, they would stop the harassment and work with Planned Parenthood and other health care providers to address these dangerous health disparities.
- Jewel Bush, Communications Director, Louisiana Planned Parenthood
Compare this to the press release describing the Kissimmee abortion mega-center:
… the new center will be a full-service reproductive health center, offering everything from AIDS/HIV counseling to breast-cancer screenings to vasectomies and well-woman screenings…. if the opponents of the new center were truly committed to reducing the number of unintended pregnancies, they’d be working with Planned Parenthood to increase access to affordable birth control and comprehensive sex education.
- Jenna Tosh, CEO, Planned Parenthood of Greater Orlando
Planned Parenthood, the nation’s leading abortion provider, receives over half a billion dollars per year from taxpayer funds. Their local public relations directors are either not capable of speaking for themselves – or else they are glibly unaware that the talking points fed to them are nothing more than bald faced lies. The liberal press perpetuates the charade by acting as the propaganda arm for the abortion giant.
- The Forerunner: America's campus newspaper
- The Forerunner Weblog: Archived blog articles by category
- The Boston Awakening: It's time for another Great Awakening!
- Predvestnik: Articles translated from the Russian language Forerunner
- Russian Predvestnik: Russian Forerunner (in Russian!)
- The Mandate: China's Christian newspaper
- El Campeón: Spanish Champion (in Spanish!)
- Pakistani Forerunner: Articles on Christian foundations in Urdu!
- Turkish Forerunner: Apologetics for Christians in Turkey!
- The Champion: Proclaiming the Crown Rights of King Jesus!
- The Puritan Storm: A chronicle of the neo-Puritan revival
- Chalcedon Report: Articles from the magazine by staff and friends
- Why Creeds and Confessions? Foundations in Biblical Orthodoxy
- The Four Keys to the Millennium: Foundations in Biblical Eschatology
- In The Days of These Kings: The Book of Daniel in Preterist Perspective
DVDs & Online Videos
- The Abortion Matrix: Ending Child Sacrifice and the Culture of Death
- The Real Jesus: A Defense of the Historicity and Divinity of Christ
- God's Law and Society: Now includes a free Study Guide!
- The Beast of Revelation: Identified: Ken Gentry's powerful teaching
- Abortion Clinic 911 Calls: Exposing the Dangers of Abortion to Women
- Amazing Grace: The History and Theology of Calvinism
- A Revival Account Asbury 1970: What is true Revival?
- Massacre of Innocence: The Occult Roots of Abortion
- World Changers: A Blueprint for Revival and Reformation
- Jesus Christ: Lord of All of Life! 1998 Reconstruction Conference
- U.S. Taxpayers Party: 1997 National Committee meeting
- Melbourne's Abortion Industry: Exposing the evil of abortion
- Florida's Abortion Industry: Exposing the unfrutiful deeds of darkness
- Abortion Wars: An open letter to the pro-life community
- Pro-life Videos: Streaming videos about pro-life activism
- Pro-life Florida: Pro-life resources for the state of Florida
- Personhood Florida: Constitutional Personhood for all human beings
- Personhood USA: Protecting the pre-born by love and by law
- Life Coalition International: Reports from pro-life missionaries
- The Counselor Corps: Pro-life health referral counselors
- Theonomy FAQ: Frequently asked questions on theonomy
- Theonomy Debate: Is theonomy exegetically sound?
- Pass The Word: Political cartoons and articles
- Second American Revolution: Clips from God's Law and Society
- The Christian Statesman: Christian publication founded in 1864
The Hall of Church History
- Creeds and Confessions: Patristic Creeds and Reformed Confessions
- Church Fathers: Writings of the Ante-Nicene Fathers
What is true Revival and Spiritual Awakening?
Discover the answer in this eyewitness account by Dennis Kinlaw, President of Asbury College, Wilmore, Kentucky, who recounts the story of a visitation of the Holy Spirit in 1970. This is the presentation that has continued to spark the flames of Revival in the hearts of people around the world. Contains eyewitness footage from the Revival at Asbury College in 1970 in Wilmore, Kentucky.
Certain to challenge you to greater holiness and a deeper commitment to full-scale revival. Original news and private footage has been included. If you are a student who longs to see a spiritual awakening at your school, you must see this video!
“This simple video does a wonderful job of conveying something of God’s heart and power, Everyone we have ever shown this to has received an immediate impartation of faith for revival and the power of prayer.”
— Bob and Rose Weiner, Weiner Ministries Int’l
Running Time: 40 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Who is the dreaded beast of Revelation?
Now at last, a plausible candidate for this personification of evil incarnate has been identified (or re-identified). Ken Gentry’s insightful analysis of scripture and history is likely to revolutionize your understanding of the book of Revelation — and even more importantly — amplify and energize your entire Christian worldview!
Historical footage and other graphics are used to illustrate the lecture Dr. Gentry presented at the 1999 Ligonier Conference in Orlando, Florida. It is followed by a one-hour question and answer session addressing the key concerns and objections typically raised in response to his position. This presentation also features an introduction that touches on not only the confusion and controversy surrounding this issue — but just why it may well be one of the most significant issues facing the Church today.
Ideal for group meetings, personal Bible study — for anyone who wants to understand the historical context of John’s famous letter “… to the seven churches which are in Asia.” (Revelation 1:4)
Running Time: 145 minutes
$17.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Exposing The Occult Roots of Abortion
This presentation looks at the spiritual roots of abortion and exposes the myths surrounding child killing. Little known historical facts about abortion and how they relate to modern feminism are presented logically and accurately. Has been effective in converting many to a pro-life position.
Massacre of Innocence goes where no pro-life presentation has gone before in “tearing the lid off abortion” to reveal the spiritual realities we must battle if we will bring an end to this crime. The presentation is absorbing, fast-paced, informative and incredibly devastating to any attempt to justify abortion.
“… an extraordinary statement … a powerfully articulate presentation about what abortion really means, and why a great and moral nation like the United States must not allow the slaughter to continue.”
— Congressman Robert K. Dornan
Running time: 85 minutes
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)