By Meredith Raney
Published August 26, 2012
Spurgeon Leroy Lucas, Esq. with his client Patricia Baird-Windle, owner of Aware Woman abortion clinic.
Spurgeon LeRoy Lucas, Esq. (a.k.a. Roy Lucas, Esq. DC #153957) is the architect of the "right to privacy" legal argument used to win the Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion in the U.S.
Spurgeon LeRoy Lucas is a member of the District of Columbia Bar Association, # 153967. Prior to his death, he was the pro hac vice (out of state) lawyer for the abortion industry in four federal lawsuits in Florida. They are:
- Raney v Aware Woman et al, 97-1197-CIV-ORL-19B
- Ocala Women’s Center et al v City of Ocala et al, 98-371-CIV-OC-10C
- Aware Woman et al v Raney et al, 99-05-CIV-ORL-19C
- Manhattan Magnolia Corp et al v Unterburger et al, 99-8164-CIV-HURLEY
“Suing web sites, seeking injunctions against the utterance of certain words and requiring disclaimers on protesters’ signs may test the First Amendment, but Lucas says that even though his approach would limit protester’s activities, he is not out to curb free speech.” – Meredith Raney, forerunner.com/fyi, 3/17/1999
- Roy Lucas: Architect of Roe v. Wade, North Carolina Law Review
- William Phillip Egherman: Abortion Related Investigations
- Abortion Clinic Owner Seeks Protection In Suit
- Matter of choice
- Lawyer brings quest to Florida, 3/17/1999
- Doctor seeks court injunction to protect privacy
- Judge rules police must protect abortion clinic, 4/28/1999
- Clinic owner sues abortion protesters
- Federal judge discontinues clinic's lawsuit, 12/23/1999
- Abortion doctors' suit thrown out, 12/24/1999
- Attorney error causes dismissal of abortion case
- Clinic owner indicted for extortion, 6/15/2000
- Where is Roy Lucas?
- Abortionist denies extortion charges
- FBI videotape allowed in Pendergraft case
- About Extortion or Abortion? 10/9/2000
- Judge gives psych evaluation thumbs-down
- Extortion trial start postponed
- Pendergraft trial begins, 1/3/2001
- Testimony Begins in Pendergraft Trial
- Cretul testifies at Federal trial
- Attorney challenges Cretul's testimony
- Judge recesses Pendergraft trial
- Local attorney testifies at Pendergraft trial
- FBI agents testify during Pendergraft trial
- Lies are revealed at Pendergraft trial
- Pendergraft takes the stand
- Pendergraft saw possible 'conspiracy'
- Pendergraft trial starts closing arguments
- Pendergraft lawyer charges racial overtones
- Pendergraft sentenced to 46 months, 5/25/2001
- Pendergraft serves 46 month sentence
- Roy Lucas, Roe v. Wade Lawyer, Dies at 61
- State of Florida suspends abortionist James Pendergraft, 8/19/2006
- That Swiss Hermit strikes again!
- A Call to War
Forerunner - Home » Florida's Murder Industry »
Your comments are welcome!
Download the Free Study Guide!
God’s Law and Society powerfully presents a comprehensive worldview based upon the ethical system found in the Law of God.
Speakers include: R.J. Rushdoony, George Grant, Howard Phillips, R.C. Sproul Jr., Ken Gentry, Gary DeMar, Jay Grimstead, Steven Schlissel, Andrew Sandlin, Eric Holmberg, and more!
Sixteen Christian leaders and scholars answer some of the most common questions and misconceptions related to this volatile issue:
1. Are we under Law or under Grace?
2. Does the Old Testament Law apply today?
3. Can we legislate morality?
4. What are the biblical foundations of government?
5. Was America founded as a Christian nation?
6. What about the separation of Church and State?
7. Is neutrality a myth?
8. What about non-Christians and the Law of God?
9. Would there be “freedom” in a Christian republic?
10. What would a “Christian America” look like?
Perfect for group instruction as well as personal Bible study.
Ten parts, over four hours of instruction!
Running Time: 240 minutes
Watch over 60 on-line video interviews from God’s Law and Society.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
Special Two-Disc Set!
After 40 years of intense study and world-wide ministry, Dr. Francis Schaeffer completed his crowning work of scholarship – to present profound truths in simple film language. Dr. Schaeffer’s brilliant analysis of the past and predictions for current trends have proven so uncannily accurate that this amazing series still feels contemporary almost three decades after its initial release. Ultimately, Schaeffer concludes that man’s only hope is a return to God’s Biblical absolute, the truth revealed in Christ through the Scriptures.
Available for the first time on DVD, this documentary spectacular also includes intimate in-depth conversations with Francis and Edith Schaeffer. With the on-disc study guide, this presentation forms a unique course of comprehensive study. While this series forms an innovative analysis of the past, this outstanding work is more than history. Each episode focuses on a significant era, yet speaks clearly to 21st-century man with answers for modern problems.
$49.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
High Quality Paperback — 219 pages
Foundations in Biblical Orthodoxy
Driving down a country road sometime, you might see a church with a sign proudly proclaiming: “No book but the Bible — No creed but Christ.” The problem with this statement is that the word creed (from the Latin: credo) simply means “belief.” All Christians have beliefs, regardless of whether they are written.
Yet a single book containing the actual texts of the most important creeds of the early Church will not often be found. Out of the multitude of works on the evangelical Christian book market today, those dealing with the creeds of the Church are scarce.
Why Creeds and Confessions? provides a foundation of biblical orthodoxy as a defense against the false and truly heretical doctrines advanced by the spirit of this age.
$14.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
“Here I stand … I can do no other!”
With these immortal words, an unknown German monk sparked a spiritual revolution that changed the world.
The dramatic classic film of Martin Luther’s life was released in theaters worldwide in the 1950s and was nominated for two Oscars. A magnificent depiction of Luther and the forces at work in the surrounding society that resulted in his historic reform efforts, this film traces Luther’s life from a guilt-burdened monk to his eventual break with the Roman Catholic Church.
Running time: 105 minutes
Special offer: Order 5 or more for $5 each.
Watch a clip from Martin Luther.
$9.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)
With “preaching to the lost” being such a basic foundation of Christianity, why do many in the church seem to be apathetic on this issue of preaching in highways and byways of towns and cities?
Is it biblical to stand in the public places of the world and proclaim the gospel, regardless if people want to hear it or not?
Does the Bible really call church pastors, leaders and evangelists to proclaim the gospel in the public square as part of obedience to the Great Commission, or is public preaching something that is outdated and not applicable for our day and age?
These any many other questions are answered in this documentary.
$19.95 — ORDER NOW!(We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.)